Saturday 23 October 2010

Wade Barret's Success


I will be the first to admit that when I first saw Wade Barrett on the first episode of NXT I didn't see anything special. I saw an English stereotype that didn't have very good mic skills. However as time went on and I didn't watch NXT I heard and read some good things about him so when the time rolled on to the final show I must admit I was impressed with his ring work (for a young WWE talent) but still I didn't think he would last.

Then came that night on Raw which made Professional wrestling exciting again, the Nexus invasion brought unpredictability to Monday nights but with its potential came lots of doubt. First came the worry that the eight men wouldn't be able to handle the stress and be to green in ring. Second came the knowledge that yes WWE will mess up this angle but when?

Somehow through all of the challenges the Nexus have faced from Bryan Danielsons release to their burial at SummerSlam, Wade Barrett has been a constant even at SummerSlam when I thought the angle was close to finish it was clear Barrett would have a career in WWE which will have moderate success but now...

After Hell In A Cell with the defeat of John Cena, Wade Barrett has secured himself a place amongst the best the WWE have offer among the speakers of the company (second in my opinion to only CM Punk) and his in ring work has improved greatly these past few months. I can't say Wade Barrett is the biggest English star to come out of the WWE that mantle still belongs Davey Boy Smith, I can't say that Wade Barrett is the best English wrestler to come out of WWE either that accolade belongs to William Regal but what I can say is this... Wade Barret could well be the future of the WWE, hes not the best or most talented Englishman to enter WWE but he clearly has the most potential of all those that came before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment