Sunday 24 October 2010

Bragging Rights Preview


Tonight is WWE's second pay-per-view this month Bragging Rights. The card doesn't appear to have anything special up its sleeve and will likely bomb when the buy rates come in, in a few weeks time. The last time I knew there were only five matches announced for tonights super-card so I'll run through them and give you my predictions.

World Heavyweight Championship Match.
Kane Vs The Undertaker
I expect this to be the night that 'Taker will regain the championship, I also suspect that Paul Bearer may turn on Kane tonight (the ties speak for themselves). The fact that this match was pulled up to this month than rather having it at Survivor Series proves that WWE want to finish off the angle. I believe that a Buried Alive match is a good blow off for this feud. There was also talk of having Kane go over tonight so that they will have there final blow off match at WrestleMania, I can't see that happening but the option is there.
Prediction: Undertaker

WWE Championship Match.
Randy Orton Vs Wade Barrett.
I fully expect Randy Orton to retain tonight yet I also believe that maybe giving Barrett the title would be the right thing to do to capitalize on the momentum he has in his Cena angle. There are couple of ways they could take the storyline after the match, one possibility would be for Barrett to get Cena to screw Orton over and eventually Cena would beat Barrett for title and go on to face Orton at a later date or Cena could accidentally screw Barrett meaning the Raw GM would not fire Cena and Barrett would be outraged etc etc. The second option seems more likely.
Prediction: Orton

Divas Championship Match.
LayCool vs Natalya.
I'm guessing LayCool takes the victory no matter who wrestles Natalya.
Prediction: LayCool

Bragging Rights Match.
The thing what really angers me about this match is that there is no reason for it, the two brand are fighting for nothing so therefore there is no justification for the match-up. If both sides had anything to gain besides 'bragging rights' then that would be a different story. I'll go team Raw purely because Smackdown won last year.
Prediction: Team Raw

Non-Title Match.
Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan.
I'm guessing this is a prelude to a unification match later this year so this is probably a fued creating match. It'll probably go to Dolph unless Bryan wins and gets attacked after the match. I'm very unsure about this bout. Yet I'm predicting match of the night.
Prediction: Daniel Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment