Friday 26 March 2010

Wrestlemania - Personal Favourites.

Growing up throughout my life as a wrestling fan I have seen every Wrestlemania and I have fond memories of all... even Wrestlemania 9. Being pretty young, my first Wrestlemania I ever saw was Wrestlemania 12 and I was blown away by the amazing Iron man match, in my opinion that match is the greatest hour long match I have ever seen. Keep your Ring Of Honor CM Punk/ Samoa Joe matches, you will never top the 'Mania 12 iron man match, nothing could top how angry I got when Gorilla Monsoon made Bret Hart continue after the tie.

Another memory of mine was Wrestlemania 14 when Austin won his first title against Michaels, that night you felt like the WWE was changing and for the next few years the Austin era reigned supreme.

Wrestlemania 16 saw possibly my favourite 'Mania moment when Triple H retained the title in the main event. At this time I was a real mark for Hunter and couldn't stand The Rock purely because of how popular he was. The amount of trash which was thrown into the ring at the end of the night just made my day. This Wrestlemania also blew my mind with the ladder match, but I must admit I still to this day prefer the No Mercy 1999 ladder match between the Hardys and Edge/Christian.

By Wrestlemania 17 I had improved my knowledge of the wrestling business and seen the Austin heel turn coming from a mile away,the fact I was right though still shocked me at the time. Also for some reason the gimmick battle royal still makes me smile seeing Doink the clown.

Other thing from the 'Manias post 17 which I thought were cool was the Lesnar/Angle match and the shooting star gone wrong. Undertakers return at Wrestlemania 20 and Edge's money in the bank win at Wrestlemania 21.

I was annoyed and and shocked when Cena made Hunter tap at Wrestlemania 22 I felt my younger mark getting very mardy when then happened. 24 saw the incredible Edge vs Taker match at Wrestlemania 24 and 25 saw well two words Michaels/Taker.

No comments:

Post a Comment